Here's what I came home with:
- Cable yoyo, a handy little device for corralling power cords (wish I'd got several)
- Belkin TuneTies, a silicon figure "8" for stashing iPod earbuds and cables
- Visual QuickProject books from PeachPit Press on Adobe InDesign (which I use) and Dreamweaver 8 (which I plan to get). Feel free to ask me for a loan.
- Robin Williams' guide to Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, and Scott Kelby's book on Tiger Killer Tips (I plan to upgrade soon)
- A green Chums flip case for my iPod (I like my pink one, but I want better access to the scroll wheel), and a lime green aluminum iPod carrying case (I know, it's overkill...but it was really cute and only $11).
- Drive Genius, software for maintaining your hard drive
- A software three-fer: Intego's Net Barrier, VirusBarrier and Personal Back-up (can you tell this is the year I've decided to get serious about computer security and maintenance?)
- A big pile of handouts on more interesting software, equipment and gadgets
Here's what I coveted:
- The new MacBook Pro laptop...faster, thinner, lighter...what's not to like?
- iLife '06...iPhoto has more oomph and Garageband now supports podcasting.
- SavetheiPods, a clear protective covering for iPods (they ran out...I plan to order it)
- Browseback, software for saving and searching your browser history, and saving web pages as PDFs for future reference
- Delicious Library, software for easily cataloging music, software, movie and book collections