Thursday, January 11, 2007

Surge...schmerge!

I spent the morning after Bush's speech calling my elected representatives to tell them I oppose the president's plan to send more troops to Iraq. As far as I can see, the only result of a surge in soldiers will be a surge in casualties.

I also told my reps that a non-binding resolution against the troop increase is not enough...it's too little, too late. It's time to stop funding this war. (You know the old saying...when you know you're in a hole, first stop digging.)

Before the fall elections, I thought Bush might listen if it was clear that most Americans no longer support his war. I thought talk of impeachment was a waste of time and energy. But no more. I think it's time to remove Bush from office. That's what he does to people who don't agree with him, so maybe it's the only language he understands.

Want to take action too? Here are three toll-free numbers you can use to call your members of Congress: 800-828-0498, 800-459-1887 and 800-614-2803.


1 comment:

Erica said...

Great blogg